Looking for some effective ways to keep you motivated to lose weight?
If you are currently trying to lose weight or have attempted to in the past, you probably already know what the biggest challenge is when trying to drop the pounds – motivation.
Motivation is what gets you started on your journey and what keeps you going strong enough to follow through with your objectives.
But when it comes to getting motivated, there are a few challenges.
The number one obstacle is finding a strong motive from within to lose weight in the first place.
Then, after you are able to find that drive to get you off and running, you need to figure out just how to keep that spark going.
And finally, you need to know what to do when the momentum starts to slow down and then things come rolling slowly to a halt such as when you hit a weight loss plateau.
So, how do you find this “self” motivation and then keep it going when the going gets tough?
Here are five awesome tips that can help you to find your motivation to lose weight and then maintain that drive the whole way through until you finally succeed.[showad block=9]
1. Challenge Yourself But Be Realistic
The first thing to do in order to get the fire lit is to challenge yourself by setting your weight loss goals.
Sounds pretty simple, right?
Well, the key to success is to set goals that are challenging enough but at the same time realistically attainable.
Setting realistic goals instead of goals that are way out of your reach will help to keep your spirits elevated and help you to keep pushing ahead through the struggle.
Realistic goals help you to stay committed 100% because you can always see some type of progress and your destination is never too far off in the distance.
And also, be realistic about the time frame that you set to achieve your weight loss goal in.
Trying to lose 50lbs in a month is a big mistake that more than likely won’t happen no matter how hard you try and will only going to leave you disappointed in the end.
So set your end goal with decent amount of time to achieve it by making slow and steady progress.
2. Put It In Writing
After you set your sights on a specific target for yourself to hit, write it down so it becomes real to you.
This means that you should create a detailed description of exactly how you want to look, how much weight you want to lose and then how you plan on doing it.
Also, be sure and write out all of the reasons why you intent to achieve this goal in the first place.
Answering “why” will help you to stay motivated in those times when you feel like giving up.
Writing your goals down on paper is a way of actually making a commitment to achieving a specific outcome and not just wishful thinking.
The more you commit to paper, the more you will supercharge your weight loss efforts.
You can then look at what you have written down at the start of each day to feel a rush of inspiration and to remind you of why you started this journey in the first place.
3. Take Small Steps
Taking smaller steps toward your weight loss goal is a sure way to make sure that you don’t get discouraged and give up.
When you stay on top of things without getting overwhelmed that your goals are so far off in the distance, you will more likely follow through until you reach your destination successfully.
The best way to accomplish this is to only focus on one day at a time and nothing more.
The process in which you focus on the smaller steps rather than the big picture is called “chunking down”.
It is a whole lot easier to get through a single day than it is for you to focus on the entire week at one time, which can be overwhelming.
Once you get through a day then you can focus on the next day and then the next, and so on.
And before you know it, all of those days have added up into weeks and then you’ll realize that you have been staying true to your weight loss program for an entire month.
Taking small steps on your journey is exactly how to successfully lose the weight and keep it off.
4. Focus Only On The Positive
No matter how bad things seem to get on your program, focus on the positive and you will stay motivated to keep pressing forward.
What this means is that you should not focus on missing the lifestyle of tasty fattening foods and lazy afternoons and evenings that you may have come accustomed to over time.
Instead, keep your mind attuned to all of the great new and exciting things that are now in your life.
Focus on the new foods that you are getting acclimated to and the new recipes that you get to experiment with.
Focus on the achievements that you make in your workouts such are a new personal best on an exercise that you may have been struggling with.
You can also focus on all of the new friends and acquaintances that are now in your life, all because of your commitment to your new positive and healthy lifestyle.
5. Harness The Power Of Weight Loss Affirmations
Affirmations are nothing new and have been used successfully to stay motivated by great achievers for decades.
As a matter of fact, the magic of writing out positive affirmations has been made popular by so many new age teachers, both of the present and of the past.
Positive affirmations are used all of the time by some of the most successful people in the world as a means for programming their minds to achieve greatness.
So, it’s no surprise that affirmations specifically for weight loss can help to work wonders for you too, especially if you are at a point in your journey that you are starting to struggle.
You too can tap into the power of these simple, yet powerful messages by creating ones that are specific to your personal goals.
Here are 21 awesome weight loss affirmations that you can start out with. You can even edit them to suit your personal needs.
- Every day in every way I am getting stronger and leaner; feeling better and better.
- Every cell in my body is filled with health and alive with vitality.
- I easily avoid junk food and choose only healthy and nutritious foods that my body needs.
- Every day is a new day filled with hope, happiness and health.
- Today I am overflowing with the energy and focus to give 100% to everything I do.
- My body is healthy, my mind is sharp and I am determined to achieve my fat loss goals.
- Day by day, in every way, my workouts are becoming easier and easier.
- Every day I am closer and closer to my ideal weight and the exact body that I desire.
- I have within me everything I need to achieve my ideal weight.
- My workouts are productive, progressive and I enjoy them more and more each day.
- Electrifying energy surges through me and I train harder today than ever before.
- I have the strength and ability to conquer my weight loss challenges with ease and continue to progress forward.
- I believe in myself even when nobody else believes in me; I know I can do it!
- My thoughts are filled with positivity and my body responds to these thoughts in a positive way.
- Today I let go of my old self defeating habits and create new positive and healthy ones.
- I acknowledge the determination within me; my confidence is now soaring.
- My future body is the ideal projection of what I visualize now.
- Through my hard work and dedication, I will achieve my ideal body much sooner than I expect.
- I am conquering my workouts with ease and effortlessly defeating my food cravings each and every day.
- My obstacles are clearing before me; my path leads only to success.
- I wake up today with the strength to succeed and the heart to persevere.
Stay Motivated and Stay in the Game!
Staying motivated can be quite the challenge, but if you follow the five suggestions outlined above, you may find yourself finally able to stay on track and blast through your plateaus.
Remember, achieving your ultimate physique takes time, so make a commitment to stay in the game for the long haul; you’ll be glad you did!
Latest posts by EpixWeightloss.com (see all)
- 4 Easy Healthy Snack Ideas For Work To Lose Weight Fast! - October 23, 2018
- Phen375 Exposed! Customer Reviews, Ingredients, Side Effects and More! - September 24, 2018
- Should You Seek The Advice From Your Doctor About A Weight Loss Program? - April 18, 2018